Yoga is a beautiful subject.
It acts deeply and efficiently on mental, emotional and physical levels, with great benefits :
- enhanced breathing
- disapearance or decrease of physical discomforts (back pain etc.)
- better mobility (balance, flexibility…)
- better digestion
- muscle and joint strenghtening
- loss of body fat
- increased focus
- anchoring in the present moment
- reduction of anxiety and insomnia
- reconnection to the values of benevolence and respect
- better knowledge of self
- inner peace
Yoga is an art, a science and a philosophy that can also turn into a sport, relaxation or well-being practice.
Many techniques are available :
- Asanas are the postures of Yoga
We can learn over 60 of them, the complexity and the fun of which go crescendo. Their health benefits are tremendous.
- Pranayamas are the breathing techniques
We will discover a dozen together, and more specifically their essential bases in order to enhance the way you breathe during the whole rest of the day.
- Samadhi – or Ecstasy – is the result of meditation
It consists in rediscovering the state of mind of the child : beatitude
- Here are the 8 limbs of traditional yoga :
I. Yama (outer ethic) : to live in a way that is gentle, balanced, giving, nourishing and leads to freedom (Simon Borg-Olivier)
II. Niyama (inner ethic): perceiving life as a passionate inner quest to remove the obstacles to loving connection and happiness
III. Asana : sane physical body
IV. Pranayama : radiant subtle body
V. Pratyhara : mastery of senses
VI. Dharana : concentration
VII. Dhyana : meditation
VIII. Samadhi : absorption